06 December 2010

30 Day Challenge: DAY 6: someone you'd like to trade places with for a day

Day 6: A picture of a person you'd love to trade places with for a day.


"First I snatched the streets, then I snatched the charts,
First I had they ears, now I have their hearts,
Rappers came and went,

I been here from the start.
Seen them put it together,
Watched them take it apart...

This is not an image
This is God given
This is hard livin'..."



I wanna know what it's like to walk onto a stage, and see thousands of people cheering for you.
I wanna know what it's like to be quoted by artists, academics, fans and critics alike.
I wanna know what it's like to push limits in a genre I helped shape,
and then I wanna know what it's like to set higher bars and reach those too.
I wanna know what its like to be credited, scorned, and etched in the pages of history by people who have never heard another hiphop song.
I wanna know what its like to be recognized as a creator, success story, hard worker, artist, and entrepreneur.
I wanna know what it's like to be looked up to by kids who aint got shit but a dream and a standard that I set.
I wanna know what it's like to grind for years, make millions off my grind, and then go in even harder.

Most of all, as someone making something out of nothing, I wanna know what it's like to sit in my Italian leather seat, in my penthouse suite, looking out the window at my city-skyline view, and know that I did this all for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pick my brain and leave some of yours!