17 October 2010

The "Kan-traversial" Album Cover

Not too long ago, Kanye West released the artwork for his album cover, tweeting that it had been "Banned in the USA!!! The don't want me chilling on my couch with my phoenix".

In true Kanye fashion, he followed with tweets like "I know that cover just blew yall minds ...
I wish yall could see how hard I'm smiling right now!!!" and "In all honesty ... I really don't be thinking about Wal-Mart when I make my music or album covers!"

I donno, I kinda dismissed this as another one of Kanye's sometimes pathetic, distasteful attempts at garnering attention and controversy. I guess they must have heightened security at the award shows, 'cause I haven't seen him hijack the mic during anyone else's acceptance speeches...


What do you think? Risky, avant-garde art? Or pathetic publicity stunt?

1 comment:

  1. Creativity always comes with doubt and haters.. he doesnt try to gain attention, he follows his ideas and passions, which most people are scared to do, and can't understand, so they bully. #realtalk
    http://thoughtsofayoungmixedyouth.blogspot.com/2010/10/kanye-west-runaway.html
    check it

    ReplyDelete

Pick my brain and leave some of yours!