17 October 2010

10 Things Torontonians should be Thankful for


Exactly one week after my fellow Canucks celebrated Thanksgiving, I've decided to share a list of 10 things I think Torontonians can be thankful for!

In no particular order, they are:

 1.  Timmies!

(I understand Tim Hortons is not exclusive to this city, but the fact that I can drop into one of the dozens of branches I pass on my morning commutes for a cup of mocha goodness makes me grateful nonetheless…)


2.   Weed-Friendly Toronto?
(With a plethora of head shops, pot-themed cafés, session-friendly walking trails, and Backwoods suppliers dotting the city, we’ve gotta count our blessings)


3.      3. A thriving arts scene
(We’ve got it all: music, theatre, photography and everything in between- quickly gaining clout in the global stage. Soon we’ll have many other names join Drake as our claims to fame)

4.     4. Toronto’s Transportation Systems
(F*@% the TTC! I’m talking about the sophisticated transportation that enables hundreds of Torontonians to come and go as they please out of the city. The Mega City is great and all, but when I wanna go exploring/travelling, it’s good to know I have 3 airports and some train stations at my disposal)


5.     5. The Leafs’ wins
(I do not follow hockey, but a couple wins into their season openers is good news, right?)

6.     6. The dining scene
(Where else can you get an Indian butter-chicken dish, Chinese fried rice, a Greek Baklava, and a Jamaican fried dumpling all on one street? And God knows those 24-hour restos have saved my life many-a-time!)


7.     7. Having the chance to exercise our political capabilities when we head to the polls in less than 2 weeks to elect a new mayor!!!
(Let’s face it, whether or not you go out to vote on October 25, theres a ton of people out there who would die to vote-literally)


8.     8. Not having to pay $50 for a dime of BC Bud and other Canadian kush variaties
(like some of our neighbours to the South do… #justsaying)


9.     9. Drizzy!
(Realizing the gravity of this claim, we’ve all gotta admit that whether or not you’re a fan of his music, the man really made Toronto accessible as a contributing source of pop culture)

10 10. The View
(I love knowing that I don’t gotta travel to Tokyo or Chicago to get that big-city feel. Yes my friends, all of these new high-rise developments, our note-worthy architecture, and let’s not forget the world’s second-largest freestanding structure help make this one of the best views to wake up to, I’d say…)


2 comments:

  1. agreed <3 trust me.:) im gonna start following you because it makes me feel happy =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL
    aww thanks babe

    ReplyDelete

Pick my brain and leave some of yours!