29 January 2011

Egypt's "People's Revolution" comes to Toronto

I've been so caught up trying to find out all the information that I can about the current movement taking place in Egypt right now.
I've been flicking through mainstream news channels, searching for independent media sources, and clicking away at various websites.

Today, I was very excited to take part in Toronto's own show of solidarity with the Egyptian protestors.
People started gathering at Dundas Square (Yonge & Dundas, Downtown Toronto) well before 2:00, the hour the demonstration was slated to start in.

I was definitely feeling the crowd's energy-which by some reports, numbered over 600 at some points. I instantly had an overwhelming sense of pride as I watched people of all ethinicites chant along in the crowds. I wore my huge Egyptian flag proudly, and just took in the collective force that I swear I felt.

Snapped some of these photos before my battery died:









No comments:

Post a Comment

Pick my brain and leave some of yours!