12 June 2010

We pride ourselves on having the latest technology and weaponry, building awe-inspiring architecture, and having sophisticated communications systems. But the moment we are required to show one ounce of humanity to fellow man, we begin to devolve...

I've been here 4 days and while its true that I had to get used to things like having no microwave, or having unreliable WIFI, I've also seen human spirit and the value of comradery far outweighing anything I've witnessed back home in the "modern world". People back home worship the mighty dollar, praising everything that brand new luxury car represents. Meanwhile down here, I witnessed a crowd of strangers rush to the aide of a car crash victim, bare-handedly extracting his body from the wreck of his once brand new, American car...

What is modernity?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pick my brain and leave some of yours!