26 June 2010

Day 18

DAY 18

So, damn.. I haven't written here in a while. It's like the more free time I have, the less time I have to dedicate to writing..or blogging...or doing whatever it is I'm doing here.
So needless to say, I haven't had to give up the little bits of modern technology that have made my life both comfortable and enjoyable back home. Nights spent locked up in this apartment with my iTouch, Blackberry, Macbook and digicam often cause me to forget I've even left Toronto, and I have yet to decide if thats a good thing or a bad thing.

Anyways, so much and so little have happened that I don't even know where to begin...
My sister's decided to adopt a kitten we found, and we've named him 'El Masry' (The Egyptian). She's cute and all, but I definitely remember why I do not wish to have babies anytime soon.
I've seen about half a dozen movies, due to the late theatre showtimes (think 1 am), and lack of other activities to do in Alexandria. I really enjoyed 'Robinhood', largely because of its historical focus and cast of brilliant actors, like Russel Crowe and Kate Blanchett.
Remember,
"Rise and rise again
Until lambs become lions"
(It'll make sense if you watch it, trust me).

Ummm, above all, I've got to enjoy some beautiful beaches and have greedily soaked up some Vitamin D.  Its about the only time I feel safe and/or inspired to go on solo walks. I've snapped some beautiful phtotos and seen some scenes (hehe, how Jay Z of me) that have truly inspired new awe and amazement at all that nature has to offer, if only we'd shut the hell up and listen with our eyes.

I guess the anthropologist in me is fascinated by the Egyptian people. Their infinite patience and friendliness is only outweighed by their child-like curiosity. They have a poetic, articulate way of speaking their mind. The combination of endearing shyness, and admirable boldness I've seen in these people is something that I severely need in my life. Most of all, I respect how humble and grateful to God they are, and although we often have completely polar views on religion, morality and philosophy, I am able to learn something new from each person I encounter...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pick my brain and leave some of yours!