10 July 2018

Hello, Again...

It's been exactly one week since I came back from my short trip to Cairo.

While away, I

  • saw more sides to the city (I once thought I knew intimately) than I have in my decades of going back combined
  • fell in love with Cairo
  • drank more 3aseer asab (sugarcane juice) & street food than I ever thought my stomach could handle
  • experienced freedom there in ways I have never been able to--at times it felt borrowed, or too good to be true
  • fell out of love with Cairo
  • remembered what it was like to want to write, instead of feel guilty over the fact that I should want to write but have no desire to
  • didn't get to see the pyramids, but came to peace with the fact that they've been there for at least a few thousand years, and will likely be there when I return...

In the week since I have been here, I

  • caught a bad cold that was probably not as bad as it seemed, but seemed to conveniently match my mood since returning
  • finally received my delayed luggage--though, truth be told, I was low-key hoping I would never have to see it again (i.e. deal with more clothes than I already have)
  •  have felt more compelled than ever to regularly write, and perhaps return to the blog world
  • thought about all of the ways I can get back out of this city
  • come to terms with the reality that Toronto isn't all that bad after all, and I should probably work on changing my perspective

So let's give this thing another try, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pick my brain and leave some of yours!