02 February 2011

Out with the old, in with the NEW

I guess you probably noticed things are a little different around here.


Different theme, different colours, and a different header- yay!
Let's just say its time for a bit of an early spring cleaning. 
Consider this a fresh, crisp pair of undies on your romps... ahhh... smell that? that's fresh. :)


Anyway, maybe I got some 'splaining to do.
I cannot stress how much I appreciate blunt honesty and abhor white lies/people lying to protect my feelings. So when my friend and I randomly started discussing my blog and he told me it sucks, I could've bear-hugged him. His beef? That the "beautiful struggle theme" was kinda corny, and that my header (which featured a- and I quote- "CHEESY" photo of me smiling up at the sun) especially sucked. 


So, what did I do? Took that constructive criticism and had some fun with my header. That's right, FRIEND, I got rid of that cheesy picture to replace it with several more and some rookie graphics! HA!
Anyway, in the process of smoking a doobs and having fun with the collage tool, I decided to come up with a new name. And I kid you not, that shit came to me on the spot. 
Why "Journey of a Self"?
Because, as the good cliche goes, life is but a journey. We're basically thrown in front of an infinite number of windy, confusing, forked, scary, appealing paths and with every conscious and unconscious decision we make, we take a step on one of those paths. Thus, each one of us is "a self" on the "journey" of life.
What makes me any different?
I'm on this journey as a:
self-indulged 
eccentric 
lost 
female.


My worst critics and best supporters have always made a remark or too about how much I allow myself to indulge- in shopping, in food, in spending my time, IN LIFE. But what can I say? You try living with me for 21 years and tell me if you don't fall in love :)
(* NOTE: if anyone messages you protesting the often argued about use of the world "self-indulged", I will put a curse on you)


I'm eccentric and to try to explain or prove that to any of you would just be uncharacteristic of me. You either get it or you don't.


And finally (on the assumption that I need not explain the "female" part), I'm lost. But that's okay, I can admit it. Indeed, the only thing I am quite certain about is that I'm not sure about anything. That's why I'm still on that journey. And one day, I'll spot a metaphorical street sign, turn round its corner, and finally know that I've found my direction.


So cheers to all who follow and continue to read, and a big "hollaaa" at all the newbs. 
Hey, I never promised it would be the best ride of your life. I just told you I'd give you some quality writing in return for some of your time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pick my brain and leave some of yours!