06 November 2010

An Ode to the Legends PART 1: Childhood Heroes

Recently, I remember having a conversation about the writers and specific works which have largely shaped my taste in writing and inspired me to ever wanna express my random thoughts on paper. These are the people and pieces I grew up on, related to, got lost in, was inspired by, or still refer to when my thirst needs to be quenched.

I decided to share some of these with you, but since there are sooo many writers to whom I owe credit, I will do this in little segments. Here, in Part 1, are some of my favourite childhood writers. These were the men and women, along with their books who opened my eyes to a magical world that I could get lost in. They are largely responsible for my boundless imagination to this day, and I find myself repeatedly pulling their works out of my library whenever I'm in need of a laugh, a tear, a moment of relaxation, or a reassurance about the crazy world we occupy...

(No order)

R.L Stine





Roald Dahl











\


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pick my brain and leave some of yours!