06 May 2010

I wanna be a billionaire

Finally, we get the video for one of my personal faves to be released as of recently: Travis Mccoy ft. Bruno Mars for Travie's single, Billionare. Let me say, I am suuuuper hyped for his album Lazarus, coming early June and I am quite pleased that it will be one of my last purchased albums before I head away to Egypt this summer.
I am completely in love with the whole vibe of the video- the feel-good, laid back summer beach theme is one I commonly find in my imagination. Anyone who knows me would swear that in a previous life I was a dread-locked, surfing beach bum. The visuals really compliment the track, and help tell the story of an ambition we all have brewing deep inside: the hopes of one day striking it rich. After watching the video I'm left with the satisfying feeling of what I would will do when I have my own fortune. I gotta say, I'm content with the fact that they chose to omit the scantily-clad video vixens, dollar bill showers, and luxury race cars that some would associate with being a billionaire in the music industry. Bruno Mars doesn't cease to amaze me with his vocals, and I love the way the acoustics match the whole vibe. The video left me with the sudden urge to gather my closest friends, grab a beer/cooler case, and head on down to the beach, gathering around a bonfire as we share silly ambitions and laugh at different routes we've taken in our search for success....

Enjoy! This is for that hustler/dreamer in all of us...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pick my brain and leave some of yours!