01 April 2010

'Till My Lungs Collapse


As I sit here hacking up my lungs and going through another box of tissues, I consider taking my sister's advice...
Maybe I really should roll up an L and let the herbal therapy work it's magic on me. I can almost begin to feel that elevating, consuming feeling- as if I'm slowly being lifted into the clouds. The realms of reality as we know it, and reality as it may exist in another universe will slowly begin to morph, drawing me into their binary...
And so my journey into the alluring world of Mary Jane begins. Pot. Cannibas. Weed. Mary J. Whacky Tobaccy. Piff. Dank. Call her what you'd like, but she is one matter that has my friends and I consumed. I guess my love-hate relationship began years back, in high school. Back then it was a rare experience, a chance to rebel and resist against conformity. It was almost like the more society, the law, authority figures and adults preached to us about the "evils" of smoking pot, the more I was drawn to it. I guess it also helped that some of my closest friends were doing it. But back then I was still living in the realm of the unknown. I would take heed to all the cautioning about how bad weed was, how it would ruin my life and turn me into some sort of societal degenerate. I think it was all those Public Service Announcements... *Drugs, drugs, drugs*..


Now fast forward to the present. I'll admit, while I still continued to smoke pot and it increasingly became a regular routine, the back of my head always told me to watch out. And that little feeling of shame that was instilled in me very early on continued. Now? Now its a different story. Maybe its all the happy memories I equate with being "ripped". Maybe it's the fact that at least 75% of the people I hang out with smoke pot. Or maybe it's the fact that I've taken an objective stance: how evil is it to seek out a natural plant's bud, crush and roll up, and smoke it with my dearest friends as I retain it's spiritual benefits? I mean, how many people have you heard about that cause legal trouble or mischief while being high? Naaah, man- we just wanna chill out, think in different ways, and laugh at stupid squirrels running around the car.


By no means am I suggesting that everyone should head out to their local dealer and roll up a doobie. On the contrary, I realize that smoking isn't for everybody. Just like getting drunk (a habit which statistically leads to more property damage, deaths and overall social degradation than weed ever has). I'm just saying that for those of us who want to roll an L in Queens Park before lecture, or have a Friday-night session before a movie marathon, or hot-box the car before goin' out for dinner, JUST LET US BE. 


Weed is as much a part of my personal life as surfing the internet, watching movies or doing "chores" is. I guess that's why I'm gonna keep smokin', 'till my lungs collapse...


Kickin' back and smokin' up in Cairo


Nothing says Session Time like a bag of your favourite munchies!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pick my brain and leave some of yours!