11 April 2010

Ode to eBay

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!


Happy 10th birthday to the website that has successfully:

  •  convinced me to get my first credit
  • allowed me to spend many a night worried about my next move in the "bidding wars"
  • proven that what you see is NOT always what you get
  • caused me to become obsessed with getting my hands on all sorts of goodies not available in Toronto
  • diminished my ability to build a good credit
  • taught me never to trust Chinese companies selling $45 iPod Touches
  • lead me to mutter curses at fellow bidders I've never met before
  • demonstrated that a North American size "Small" is not the same as a size "Small" from Hong Kong
So, HOORAY for eBay! May your legacy outlive your products, and may you continue allowing us consumers to "shop victoriously"™ for many more years to come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pick my brain and leave some of yours!